The Forest City Go Club has a new home, thanks to Jackie and Vanessa!
TEAVOLUTION @ The MARQ
205 Oxford Street East, Unit #107
What does this mean?
1) We’ll have a stable place to play and store Club necessities;
2) We’ll be transitioning to Saturdays bi-weekly, 1pm-5pm;
3) We will again be in a major centre convenient to everyone with and without vehicles, just as it was at the Tea Lounge;
4) We will not get kicked out before we’re done playing. We have been asked that if more than 10 people show up to play that we schedule a reservation, and/or pay a fee. This won’t be an issue for a little while yet;
5) We will have our own e-mail address (** email@example.com ** Ambjorn will be the primary contact person) in addition to the FB page;
6) Parking is available behind McCabe’s Pub, but it is pay and display;
7) We will likely have our final “2018 re-scheduling” Club meeting next week Saturday (January 20, 2018, I think), and will revert to bi-weekly meetings following that date;
8) And as the space is being donated by a local business, we should probably put some change aside to buy something to drink, at the very least, to say “thank you.” $5-10 on average for bubble tea, smoothies, warm tea (hot tea is about $2.50 if I remember correctly), desserts, etc., and is less expensive than other venues we’ve been at.
The Club Admin Committee looks forward to seeing you all at Teavolution on Saturday!
Please feel free to check our facebook page for all latest updates on meetings and pictures from our club meetings.
We now meet at the London Central Public Library, first floor. The location details can be found on our Find Us! page. We would like to thank the Northbrae YMCA for their generosity in the past years of accommodating us. With this new location we hope to see renewed attendance and growth of the club. If you know anyone who is interested in attending please pass this message on!
Happy New Year and welcome to 2014!
The Forest City Go Club wishes you and yours the best of the New Year!
May all your ko-fights be successful in 2014!
Sponsored by The Game Chamber, The Canadian Go Association, and The Glowing Stone.
Location: 1700 Dundas St., Unit 2, London, Ontario
I invite you all to come on out and enjoy the Game of Go at the 2nd Forest City Cup. Registration is free and observers are welcome to watch the games. There is no age limit to participate.
Seating is limited to 30 players please book in advance or you may miss a chance to participate!
Time Settings: 45 Minutes Main Time, 10 Minutes/25 Stones Canadian Byo-Yomi.
Round 1: 10AM
Round 2: 11:30AM
Round 3: 1:30 PM
Round 4: 3:00PM
Awards/Closing Ceremony: 4:30-5PM
Sign up HERE!- http://2ndforstcitygocup.eventbrite.com/
The Last Tournament’s Winners, Organizers and Volunteers.
As the heat of late Summer settles upon us, why not try out a cool and relaxing new hobby? Go is a hobby that focusses the mind and calms the body, perfect for those warm August evenings. Come out and give it a try!
Hi everybody who visits our website. I just want to reassure you that we are still holding meetings and are still an active club. We havr mostly moved general weekly meeting discussions to facebook. You can find our club by search for The Forest City Go Club on the list of groups. Feel free to join it, we are always looking for new members!